Monday, February 2, 2009

Garage sale treasures!


Every now and then I like to participate in some bargain basement shopping...garage sales! I don't hit them up every weekend, but if I pass one and I think I might see something I need I will stop and rummage around. Lately, I have found some really cute things for my little Grant that I am quite proud of myself for finding. This blue car that he is sitting in is now one of his favorites. Everytime I bring him inside the house from the garage...we pass it and he almost jumps out of my arms to play with it. It is too cute! The slide behind him didn't come from a garage sale, but we did get it off Craigslist...another good buy! This past weekend I bought him a little lawn mover and baseball game and some board books in really great condition! Our house if full of toys...but it is amazing what you can buy for 5 bucks!!!
Notice my little Lola on the far right side of the picture. Isn't she pretty!

8 comments:

KIRK S. said...

That is one jealous, sassy, she-dog. Lola has become more jealous of the time we spend with Grant...she then tries to bring her chew toys and get Grant to play "tug" with her...Grant has no fear...I think we're probably the most nervous when those two are in proximity of each other...they'll probably end up best friends.

superjuker said...

I think Kirk needs his own blog.... Barb introduced me to the wonders of the yard/garage "vendors". I haven't shopped in a regular store for Bryson for over 3 years now (except when X-ta sends good coupons for TCP=)). You could probably get a quality shoe for Lola at the next sale!

Lindsey said...

I am so impressed with your bargain shopping skills!

Christa O'Brien said...

Just make sure you don't let a cousin ride on the top while going down hill! That's how arms get broken.

KIRK S. said...

that's right, I forgot..."a local dentist was able to identify the child's pain by using super strategic bite-wing x-rays that indicated there was a slight fracture of the radius that resulted from the child's gravitational fall from the speeding Little Tikes Police car..." Another classic Shepherd gathering...

superjuker said...

At least we weren't puking THAT time! Now if Lola starts riding, and Grant is pushing, I can't think of a single dentist that's going to touch that=)

superjuker said...

P.S.- Barb just picked up two brand new winter coats at the thrift store for Bryce(one in size 5, and the second in size 6) from Gymboree- for $3.00 a piece! The woman is amazing!

Jackie S. said...

I wish I had a Barb...