Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Good Read


I have realized for a long time that every post I have on my blog is about Grant. It is not that he isn't a worthy topic...but I thought it would be best to change it up a little bit for my many devoted readers (insert sarcasm, please). Besides playing and taking care of Grant, I also like to read.
One of the better books I have read recently is Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. I don't usually read much non-fiction now that I am out of school, but this book was a real page-turner. This book talks about different circumstances that can make people successful and the circumstances are not always what you think they might be. Gladwell has an interesting way of looking at things that I don't always agree with...but can really make you think and question your own ideas. It is a quick read and I recommend it to everyone! 4.5 stars...I guess. :)

4 comments:

Kerri said...

It's always great to get new book ideas. I just finished These is my words! 5 stars!

superjuker said...

Thanks for the tip! I, too, like to get some reading in after I get my (3) boys into bed=)

Christa O'Brien said...

That is actually already the book that is on my "next read" list. As soon as I finish the one I'm reading!

KIRK S. said...

I'm still hooked on "Goodnight Moon" and "Happy Baby Colors"...steller reads they are. Jackie's readings are always a little more interesting than mine =).